- First, take everything out and give a wipe down. Next, go through all the stuff and throw out anything that has expired, broke, or is now useless.
- Now if you put away items like toothbrushes, shaving cream, or anything tall, you can adjust the shelves so everything will fit inside. Prioritize the shelves; meaning move everyday things to your eye level (middle shelf) and everything that you use sometimes to the lower/upper shelves.
- Storage hacks: Get a magnet strip to place bobby pins, nail tools, tweezers, etc. and stick it behind the door. For cotton balls, cotton swabs, or anything that usually comes in big packages, take them out and place them in smaller jars (plus it's more aesthetically pleasing that way).
- Make medicine cabinet shelves your best friend. Not only do they provide more space but also they act like bookends when it comes to items that roll like lip balm. They also come in dividers so you can really optimize the organization. Gone are the days of opening your cabinet and having things fall out!
- It's also a good idea to not put travel toiletries in the cabinet! Get a travel bag and put them all in there that way you don't have to go looking for items come packing day and it also keeps the cabinet less cluttered.
- Lots of people like to buy storage baskets/bins/mini plastic drawers to place everything that's hair-related. Some even get creative and place their products on rotating spice racks/lazy susans. This is especially useful for the products that are constantly being used!
- Place the hot tools in a magazine holder or on adhesive hooks inside a cabinet door. Or even hang everything up (tools and products) behind the bathroom door. If you have lots of bottles, try placing them on wine racks.
- Have them displayed in baskets, magazine racks, wine racks, etc. on the vanity/counter space. Go vertical and to the wall by placing baskets or vertical wine racks or even a ladder to hang/store towels.
- If you have open space below the sink, place the stored towels below there! Other areas are on top of the toilet or as mentioned above, on the walls and vanities.
- If you have a bigger space, try opting for a small shelving unit to place towels and other decorations (like candles and flowers).
- If you're currently remodeling the bathroom try having built-in storage underneath the tub or near the shower (like above). Or raise the countertop space and place slats above the cabinets for more built-in storage. If you have a free standing tub, place a railing around one side to hang the towels.
Hopefully these easy tips will help in having your bathroom a little less cluttered and a little more organized.
Til Next Time,