- Instead of putting your belongings on the counter when you walk in, how about creating an "entryway station" for when you or someone else walks through the home? You can hang hooks on the walls for bags, purses and coats. You could even build cubby-holes that act as a bench if you were handy with wood and tools. Actually, you could incorporate that project into your kitchen remodel as an add on if you desired. I know Steve would design something very clever and within your budget!
- If you are short on counter space or have a small kitchen then that's even more of a reason not to pile stuff on the counters (yes, I'm sure you are aware of this!) You can utilize wall space to hang spices and utensils. Pegboards or even stacked shelves and accessories help organize UP rather than OUT.
- Store appliances and gadgets that you don't use often in another space. If you are remodeling, adding an island or adding storage below your island is a great way to create space to store these types of items.
- Organizing your cabinets better inside will help you make more room to store what is on the counter that doesn't need to be. Bins and sorters are excellent for this. If you are remodeling, there are specific cabinet accessories that you can order to make organization so much easier!
- Have an inbox system on the counter for mail and paperwork. That way each piece has a designated area until you are ready to handle it!
I hope these tips were helpful! If you have some type of system or organizational tip not mentioned here, please share it with us and our readers! We welcome more suggestions to contribute to our community!
Til Next Time,