- Mirrors are a great example of giving the illusion that you have a bigger bathroom. Not only will it make it seem that larger but also bring light into it.
- Speaking of which, natural lighting is always the best lighting. If you already have a window, take advantage of it. Decorative curtains on the window will give a more aesthetic look and let the light in. Your electric bill will thank you for using natural light instead of your electricity.
- Go for neutral colors or literally no color at all. It not only gives the room a calming vibe but if you do it right, certain colors make the room appear bigger.
- Have decorative tile or design elements in your bathroom. Not only does it look great but people will be more focused on those elements than the fact that your bathroom is tiny.
- Simplicity is the overall key to making your bathroom look bigger. Having too many cluttered items makes the room look smaller and obviously less organized which automatically brings people down because messiness = negativity as some studies have shown.
- Add a bold accent color in decorations along with minimal accessories to really have that simple but functional appeal to a small bathroom.
What are some of your favorite tips and tricks for making a small bathroom look larger?
Till next time!