- White: When looking at this kitchen style, mostly everything you see is white; the cabinets, the floor, the walls, etc. But just because you have white cabinets and/or white walls doesn't exactly make your kitchen Scandinavian.
- Soft Wood Tones: This is also another big key element to this style. Aside from having white cabinets, make sure to have the flooring be a light wood color. That way the kitchen doesn't look too oddly white. But it doesn't have to be the floor! You can have a lightly stained dining table or wooden display accessories that give the kitchen a nice soft and warm look to it.
- Color Hints: What's great about having a mostly white kitchen is the literal blank space you have to add in touches of color here and there. Stick to pastel colors and even greens/yellows. Another popular choice is having colorful backsplashes (geometric shapes are popular in this style).
- Lines: Just like a few other kitchen design styles out there, this one is also all about the lines. Lines in the sense of whether it's in the seamless form of the cabinets, or the lined handles on the cabinets or even the tiled backsplash, lines are a big deal with Scandinavian kitchens.
- Minimalism: Another big key here, especially when it comes to the smaller kitchens. Clutter-free areas, floating shelves, they all contribute to this kitchen style.
- Non-White: Although white is preferred and the popular color choice, lots of people have opted for the complete opposite (black). While most kitchens that have black in them are in moderation, others go for dark blue and shades of gray to serve as a focal point or spice up the overall look to the kitchen.
- Open Space: This style is big on the open space design aspect. They also tend to be very "airy" and have lots of natural light to them whether there's lots of windows or just a few big ones. Natural light is actually what makes or breaks a Scandinavian kitchen so be aware of this fact when designing yours.
Those are all the major points that I feel are important when it comes to designing a Scandinavian kitchen. Feel free to check out some more Scandinavian kitchens for a little inspiration!
Til Next Time,